Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend


I am going to be amazed if I lose weight this week. Hell, I'll be amazed if I don't gain weight this week.

I know I said I'd allow myself to enjoy Memorial Day weekend, within some boundaries, without feeling guilty, but I feel the guilt creeping up.

Or maybe that's acid reflux.

Anyway, it started with a potluck at work on Saturday. We had pulled pork, a fruit bowl, and then 82 dishes that were either high-fat or high-calorie. I tried to be careful, but I ended up 1000 calories over my daily budget. I did Turbo Jam, hoping to come up even.

On Sunday, we went to Detroit to visit my cousins. We stopped at Arby's on the way out of town, and I got a roast beef sandwich and apple slices. Okay so far. Then we went to dinner at P.F. Chang's, where I had two lettuce wraps and chicken fried rice. Again, not so bad. No exercise, but I didn't oink out.

Today, I feel like I oinked out.

I had some leftover Chinese food for lunch. Then, we went to my aunt and uncle's house for dinner. I had a couple pieces of cheese, two pepperoni rolls, a couple crackers with roasted red pepper dip, one baby back rib, a couple pieces of skinless chicken breast, cheesey potatoes (one tablespoon), two roasted potato wedges, some carrots, two bites of kielbasa, a cup of mixed fruit, one bite of key lime pie, three bites of lemonade cake, and a tablespoon of chocolate pudding. All in all, it wasn't a BAD day, but I feel like I ate so much food! I haven't eaten like that in ages, and now I feel like I have a food hangover. It was yummy, but I can't wait to get back to soup, salad, fruit, and lean meats. I can't believe I used to eat like that all the time (and my portions were much larger).

I feel like I should walk, but it's 90 degrees outside. Fail. I want to do Turbo Jam, but I still feel sick from eating too much.

I know. Excuses, excuses.

I might grab my iPod and dance. Any movement is better than none, and I don't want to overdo it in this heat. I'm also going to eat very carefully this week and be more disciplined when it comes to exercise. I have to make up for this weekend. I know I said I wouldn't feel guilty, and I don't, but it scared me how close I came to binging while there. When we got home, I wanted to grab more food. I'm not even hungry. I grabbed a huge glass of water instead.

~*~

Other than the boring food report, we had a great time this weekend. We watched "Ice Loves Coco" with my cousin, Kim, while we waited for my cousin, Tom, to get home from work. Brent laughed because we realized Coco is just like me, and Ice T is just like Brent. We definitely have extremely similar relationships! It was pretty funny. I usually don't care for reality television, but the show made me laugh, and it was interesting.

When Tom got home, we went to P.F. Chang's. I'd never been there before, but I'd heard everyone rave about it. Tom really loves their lettuce wraps, so we got some of those. I got a jasmine blackberry iced tea, which sounded delicious, but it tasted like Circus Peanuts. Yuck! Brent tried it to confirm, and said, "Holy cow. This really does taste like Circus Peanuts." The waitress was very nice and gave me a regular iced tea instead. I told her she could charge us for the yucky tea, but it wasn't on our bill.

After P.F. Chang's, we went mini-golfing. That was so much fun! I haven't been mini-golfing in many, many years. Tom and I used to go mini-golfing all the time when we were kids, so it was really cool. He and I ended up in a tie after we tallied our scores. We both got a hole-in-one too! Kim came in third, and then Brent came in last. Awwww. :( I was upset that I'd forgotten my camera. It would have been nice to have some pictures of that. One more check for the "Why I need an iPhone or Droid" list. ;)

When we got home from mini-golfing, we changed into pajamas and watched "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles". I'd forgotten how funny that movie is. I always feel bad for John Candy's character, though, especially because even though he's annoying, he's such a nice guy. He's the master of puppy dog eyes.

We didn't do anything when we got up today. We sat around and watched the Tigers play the Red Sox, and then we put on the Cubs and Padres game. The Cubs ended their 12-game losing streak, thank goodness. Brent was pretty relieved and happy.

After the barbecue at my aunt's house, we drove home. The drive was uneventful; traffic was light, and the weather was fine (just HOT and sunny). We got home around 9:30 and turned the A/C on right away.

I hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...