Sunday, August 12, 2012

101/1001

I've created a new 101/1001 list. I'm going to create a new tab for it, but I wanted to post it here first just in case any of you are looking for ideas.

The title of the list pretty much explains the purpose. You list 101 items you want to complete in the next 1001 days. My deadline is May 10, 2015.

Health:

-Weigh less than 300 pounds
-Weigh less than 250 pounds
-Weigh less than 200 pounds
-Reach my goal weight (156)
-Achieve a healthy BMI (154)
-Fit into the seats at Wrigley Field (comfortably)
-Exercise four times per week for at least six months (0/6)
-Try Zumba
-Run a 5K race
-Sign up for a water aerobics class
-Get braces
-Buy a bike and complete the Kal-Haven Trail
-Unplug for one whole weekend - no cell phone, no internet, no TV, no computer
-Do Jillian Michael's "30-Day Shred"
-Either get a better position or quit my job
-Stop picking at my cuticles
-Go an entire month without fast food (1/31 days)

Chicago:

-Ride every line of the Chicago 'L' from end-to-end (red, orange, yellow, green, blue,
purple, pink, brown)
-Ride the Ferris Wheel on Navy Pier
-Stand on The Ledge at the Sears Tower
-Go on a river boat tour
-Participate in "Trainer for a Day" at Shedd Aquarium
-See a Bears game
-See another play at the Chicago Shakespeare Theatre

Travel & Leisure:

-Go hot-tubbing at Oasis
-Visit a batting cage
-Take Brent to Canada for the first time and try poutine
-Ride the Sandia Peak Tramway
-Go on a road trip (family and Chicago do not count)
-Go on a cruise
-Go to Las Vegas
-Visit five new states (0/5)
-Visit Copper Harbor
-See five attractions featured on RoadsideAmerica.com (0/5)
-Visit a foreign country (not Canada)
-Visit Brent's family in FL
-Swim with dolphins in FL
-Go to Michigan's Adventure
-Take the Empire Builder to Seattle or Portland
-Take the California Zephyr to visit Mikey and Liz in San Francisco
-Spend a night in a luxurious hotel
-Spend a weekend at a B&B
-Visit NYC
-Order a lobster tail at Carlo's Bakery
-Visit New England and see Ben & Jerry's, Stephen King's areas of Maine, and Salem
-Go to Cedar Point
-See Niagara Falls again and ride the Maid of the Mist
-Take a picture near a Hollywood star
-Fly in business/first class
-Purchase a spontaneous airline ticket for a weekend trip
-Get a passport
-Go to six new museums (0/6)

Projects & Creative Stuff:

-Take a picture every time I lose 10 pounds (2/20)
-Send a secret to PostSecret
-Write a letter to myself to open in 10 years
-Watch 26 movies I've never seen starting with each letter of the alphabet (1/26)
-Complete a 365 day photo challenge (0/365)
-Release five books "into the wild" (0/5)
-Write a trip report for every Amtrak trip I've taken
-Prepare 25 recipes from Pinterest (0/25)
-Prepare a living will
-Host a New Year's Eve party
-Watch "Lost" and see what all the fuss was about
-Complete ten jigsaw puzzles (0/10)
-Watch 50 of IMDB’s Top 250 movies that I haven't seen before (0/50)
-Buy a queen-size bed for the guest room
-Buy headboards for both beds
-Research my bio-mom's family tree
-Make a steampunk outfit
-Make three SCA outfits and start going to events again (0/3)
-Send postcards from every trip that doesn't take place in Chicago or Michigan
-Go to 10 new restaurants (0/10)
-Watch AFI's Top 100 movies (29/100)
-Re-read the Harry Potter books
-Have a Harry Potter movie marathon party
-Write down something I'm grateful for every day for 100 days (0/100)
-Take 100 pictures with Brent (0/100)
-Read 75 new books (0/75)
-Buy a goth outfit
-Send Christmas cards with our picture every year (2012, 2013, 2014)
-Organize the photos and music on my laptop
-Redecorate one room to perfection
-Document everything we own (pics/video/list), scan important documents, put it all
on a flash drive, and give it to a friend or family member in case of fire
-Document "a day in my life" with photos
-Blog about each goal as I complete it
-Host a Ladies Night once per season (0/12)
-Walk through a corn maze

Financial:

-Pay off all of my non-student loan debt ($0/9500)
-Establish a $1000 emergency fund
-Achieve a credit score of 650+

Personal Enrichment:

-Finish my Bachelors degree
-Get my first aid/CPR certificate renewed
-Memorize the state capitals (again)

Pampering:

-Have my hair straightened (permanently)
-Get a manicure/pedicure for the first time
-Buy a good camera
-Buy at least one new piece of clothing every month (0/33)
-Buy an iPhone

Giving to Others:

-Donate anything that is too big or hasn't been worn in a year
-Leave a 100% tip four times per year (0/12)
-Donate one gallon of blood (0/8 pints)

3 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous idea! I'm going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your list! I was telling my boyfriend, I want to take a few days and go to every el stop, take our picture in front of all the signs - he's as much of a transit nerd as I am, so he geeked out at the idea too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea! I rode all the way up to Howard from 35th/Sox once just to see "the end", and that gave me the idea. Plus I've always wanted to take the express lines.

      The only picture I have in front of a sign is on the brown line at Merchandise Mart. I also have a picture at the Fullerton station, but the sign isn't in the shot.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...