Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Major NSV

I have some black ankle boots I haven't been able to put on (as in, my foot wouldn't even go into them) in about a year and a half, possibly longer. I've always been super bummed about it because I LOVE these boots. They look sort of Victorian, with the buttons and everything. I kept them because I didn't want to give them up and hoped I'd be able to wear them again someday.

Tonight, I not only put them on - they zipped up!

I walked around for a while, and they were totally comfortable. I wasn't squeezed into them or anything. I was completely shocked I got them on at all, let alone felt comfortable in them. :)

Next, I decided to test my black lace-up boots. They're sort of like Doc Martens but a little taller. The last time I wore these was last fall, when I worked at a haunted house. My feet were crammed into them, so much so that the top of my left foot pretty much killed even when I stood still. I could barely lace them up, and when they were laced up, you could see my calf on either side of the tongue because the boot was spread so wide. Looking back on it, it was comical, but I was really upset at the time.

They have a zipper on the side for easy-off, so they were still laced when I grabbed them tonight. I figured I'd see if I could get them on and zip them up without undoing the laces.

Ha! They went on and zipped up without any issues, and they were super loose on me. They practically fell off my foot when I tried to walk. I was going to lace them up so they fit, but then I decided I'd wait until tomorrow so I could get a picture of how big they are now.

I was positive I'd lost weight off my feet, ankles, and lower calves, but it wasn't confirmed until I put those boots on tonight. Yay! Just in time for fall. ;)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...