Saturday, June 30, 2012

Busy, Busy, Busy

We have been so busy this week. After we moved in, we had a zillion things to deal with, and that's been consuming all of my energy this week.

Thankfully, I was able to breathe a sigh of relief after work today. I don't have to be back at work until next Thursday. Yay! :)

When I got home, Brent had unpacked 90% of the kitchen. He also picked up quite a few things we needed: extension cords, a bathroom rug, tap lights for the stairway and garage, floor mats for the entry ways and kitchen, and so on.

While he finished up the kitchen, I sorted the boxes into the remaining rooms and started unpacking the books and placing pictures in various areas. It already felt like home, but once I saw the books and pictures and such, it really solidified that feeling. We still need to finish putting up curtains, and I have a TON of laundry to do, but that's why I have four days off.

Having laundry in the basement is wonderful. We had a laundry room at our old place, but we had to share it with the building, and the machines took quarters. These machines are just a regular washer/dryer, and they belong to us. Our downstairs neighbors have their own machines on their side of the divided basement (and both sides of the basement have a ton of storage space - too bad the basement is so freaking scary).

I'll post pictures once we have everything finished, or at least close to finished.

-=-

One of the best things to come of this is that I've been sharing a bed with Brent again. In our old place, I slept on the spare bed in the living room (the only spot we had for it) because his snoring kept me up all night. I noticed he didn't keep me up when we visited other people, so I figured it was something wrong with our bed. I've been really bummed about it because we bought a king size bed when he moved in, and it was pretty depressing that he'd moved all this way and we couldn't share a comfy bed.

When we moved in here, I was so tired that night (and scared to sleep alone because it was a new house), that I curled up in bed with him. I passed out and got the best night of sleep I've had in a long time. That continued throughout the week. I haven't even made up the spare bed yet.

Brent thinks I couldn't sleep in our old place because we had 50,000 people making noise, no matter how small the noise, and I would wake up a zillion times per night because I'm such a light sleeper. That doesn't explain why his snoring kept me up there and not here, but he thinks maybe he's sleeping a lot deeper too. He likes our new place much better, and a less stressed Sarah means a less stressed Brent.

This also explains why I slept with him just fine at other people's houses. They're actual houses, so that means no noisy neighbors on all sides of us.

Whatever the reason, I'll take it. I hope this continues. I like laying in bed watching movies and TV with him, and I like waking up with him. I always felt so awful saying goodnight when he went into the bedroom. Separate beds are okay sometimes, like when I'm sick or I need to wake up super early for my Saturday shift, but I'm not okay with it as a habit.

-=-

Couch shopping tomorrow! I'm excited. :) We're going to have it delivered so we don't have to haul it up those steep spiral stairs. Moving into this place was hell because of those stairs, so we're going to pay the nice furniture dudes to bring it up. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...