Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Catching Up

I know I haven't posted in a little while. Last week was... urgh. Here's a hint:



There's this damn commercial on the Hallmark channel (hush - I only watch it at night because they show "Golden Girls") for a movie about cupcakes. I can't remember the name of it right now. Anyway, they always show this guy frosting a yellow cupcake with chocolate frosting.

I'm not a fan of cake. It's too sweet and too heavy. HOWEVER, I do like yellow cake with chocolate frosting. After seeing this commercial approximately 27 times, I decided I would make a cake. Brent loves anything sweet, so I figured he'd be tickled to see cake waiting for him when he got home from work on Wednesday. I reasoned I would have a little piece, just to satisfy my craving, and then let him eat the rest.

Soooooo... it didn't go as planned. I ate a little piece, yes, and then I ate approximately half the cake over the next couple of days. Oh, and did I mention we had Jet's deep dish pizza on Tuesday, and I ate the leftovers on Wednesday? With two Pepsis?

WHAT THE HELL.

I haven't done that in a couple months. It wasn't a binge so much as sheer laziness and giving into temptation.

Anyway, I was rewarded with six pounds of sodium/water weight. I tried not to freak out, because I know there's no way I ate enough to gain that much weight in one week. I was still tracking my calories and exercising, and my overage was around 2200 calories for the entire week, which isn't even a whole pound. Still. Oh my god. After finally getting below 340, I was pretty ticked. Now I'm right back there.

So.

I recalculated MFP to make up for it. Hopefully, I'll see some results on Friday. As of this morning, I was back down to 343 (from 346). I better see 340 or lower on Friday. Luckily, it's only Monday night.

Even though we're still trapped in this hobbit-sized apartment with its hobbit kitchen, I've been making do. Brent went shopping Saturday and brought home some grapes, bagels, apples, and almonds so I could prepare some snack kits for work. I prepped the bagels and put them in sandwich bags so I could grab one every morning on my way out, and I divided the apples (sliced) and grapes into plastic containers too. The almonds are in their own bag, so I brought them as-is and just counted out 28 (one serving) when I felt like munching on them. It worked fairly well. I had my bagel, half of the apple/grape container, and 28 almonds while at work today.

As soon as we move, I'll have room to prep things for my crock pot, and that will give me lunches and dinners I can reheat at work and when I get home from my shift. I work until 7:00 and have lunch at 2:00, so I'm usually pretty hungry when I get home. This leads to crappy dinner choices. That has to end. I do so well all day and then totally fall apart at dinner. Brent is a huge fan of take-out, but he loves home-cooked meals too. I have a feeling he'll start dropping weight as soon as I start cooking dinner for us every night (not that I care what he looks like; he never used to have a belly, though, and he's been making comments about it).

There's the long-winded update for now. Gogo losing that water weight this week.

1 comment:

  1. I still struggle with stuff like that - it's honestly easier sometimes to abstain entirely than to bargain with myself, saying it'll just be one piece. It never, ever is. :/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...