Monday, June 4, 2012

A New Decade?

I refer to ten pounds as "decades". I've been in the 340 decade for what feels like forever, mostly because I yo-yo'd so much when I first got serious about losing weight. I think I've been 340-something since March, since I didn't exercise/diet at all between February and the end of April.

After my stellar calorie burn on Saturday night, I decided to weigh myself first thing Sunday morning. The scale danced between 340.0 and 339.8 for about an hour and then finally settled on 340.0. Gah! So close!

I was tempted to hack two inches off my hair. I'm positive that would have tipped it. ;) (Anyone remember that episode of "Frasier"?)



Anyway, I danced around because this means I will probably be in the 330s at my official weigh-in Friday morning. Squee!

After I weighed in, Brent asked if I wanted to go get lunch (we woke up VERY late). I was starving, probably because my net calories were about 400 on Saturday, so we went to Smashburger. We haven't been there in ages, and it's so freaking good. I don't know why we don't go more often. I splurged and got their Smashfries, which are fries made with olive oil, rosemary, and sea salt. I don't usually like fries, but these are really good. I got a small Smashburger with sharp cheddar and swiss cheese and a diet soda instead of my usual malt. Altogether, my lunch was around 750 calories. Not bad for eating out, and their burgers are ah-mazing.

When we got home, he disappeared into Diablo, and I packed up the bathroom and bedroom as much as possible. We're in this apartment for another 3.5 weeks, so I left out a few bathroom basics and about two weeks' worth of clothes that we can just wash and wear again when needed.

I took tomorrow off in addition to my usual day off (Wednesday) because I really want to bust out the storage closet, and I need a mental break from work. The storage closet is going to be a bit of a nightmare. :-/ After Brent moved in, I tried to keep it organized, but it's holding all of my storage stuff plus most of his old apartment. We have all kinds of furniture, clothes, yearbooks, photo albums, electronics, blankets, holiday decorations, board games, hobby items, etc. It's starting to look like the Room of Requirement from Harry Potter. If I can get that packed up, it will give me more room for the packed boxes that are starting to take over every room in our apartment (and we don't have that much room as it is).

I can tell it's a full moon. The calls have been crazy today. I can't wait to go home and Turbo Jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...