Friday, September 21, 2012

Kitty Pics

Holy man am I sick. I have some sinus/chest crud that started on Wednesday, got worse on Thursday, and attacked me full-force all night last night. I woke up around 8:00, told my boss I wouldn't be in, and then called the doctor for an appointment. I was so glad they had an opening.

I was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection and acute bronchitis. If I had a dollar for every time I've come down with that particular combo... I knew what it was the second I woke up because I used to get this every couple months as a kid and still get it every several months as an adult.

I didn't get to see my regular doctor, since he was super busy, but they did weigh me. I've lost five pounds in four weeks, according to their scale, so even though my weight loss has slowed again, I'm still losing. I have my official weigh-in and check-up with my doctor next Wednesday. It's kind of nice not feeling like fail when I step on a doctor's scale. I used to dread it, but now I bug the nurse for my weight. ;)

I got to see his PAC, who is a big sweetie. I really liked him. We joked around for a while. He gave me a prescription for steroids, a Z-pack, cough medicine w/ codeine, and a refill on my inhaler and told me to buy some Mucinex-D. Sheesh. The door at Walgreen's made a "CHA-CHING" sound when I walked in. Good thing I have insurance!

When I got to the counter, I was setting a bunch of stuff on it while the pharmacist asked for my name. I was messing with everything when I gave him my last name, so when he asked, "Sarah?" before he even got over to the outgoing prescriptions, I looked up. There was a neighbor from high school, all grown up and wearing a white pharmacist's coat. It was pretty awesome, small world and all that. Our fathers are good friends, and he'd come over every so often while our parents played cards. It was pretty funny.

I'm so glad I wasn't wearing a ratty hoodie and pajamas with flip-flops or something. Score one for always brushing my hair and putting on real clothes before I run errands. I always say, you never know who you'll run into. Too bad I had a chapped nose and trucker voice, but I think he understood since I had a pile of Puffs Plus, Mucinex, ice cream, Vicks, and my prescriptions. THANK GOD I wasn't picking up wart cream or Valtrex or Monistat or tampons or some other embarrassing thing.

(Mental Note: if I ever require embarrassing things, GO TO RITE AID.)

Brent is at a Tiger game tonight (they're totally going to get rained out), so I'm chilling with the kitties. Winter finally came out of her favorite hiding spot, and Yet to Be Named has been snuggly as usual. I really wish I could come up with a name for him. He's so cute and clingy, and he has a great personality and facial expressions. Every time I call him something, though, it just sounds wrong. I went through the same thing with Gomez. I was convinced I was going to name him Sebastian, but then I got him and it was all wrong. It took me a week to come up with his name. I'm sure if I relax, it'll come to me. I just feel weird that I can't refer to him by a name yet.

Anyway, here are some pictures:


  1. I hope you feel better soon. Your new kitties are adorable. What about a Harry Potter owl name; Errol, Pigwidgeon, or Hedwig?

  2. That was the first thing I thought of, and a bunch of other people have suggested it. :) I tried all of them on him, and they don't fit. Plus, Brent gets veto power. ;)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...