Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Weigh-in


Image courtesy of Ampersand Seven


One pound down from last week. I'll take it. I'm only three pounds away from my next mini-goal!

I can definitely (finally) see the similarities between what I see in the mirror, my brain, and pictures Brent took when we first started dating. My size is starting to feel comfortable again too. Last week, I was still in that grey area of feeling heavier than I actually am, but now I catch myself sitting in chairs and such like it ain't no thang instead of worrying if I'll fit. It's the same thing with clothes; instead of worrying about a particular size being too tight, I know it won't. It's been a long time since I've been able to do that.


I'm working on my day off because overtime pay is too sweet to pass up. Between the kitties' upcoming booster shots, Winter's surgery (spay), our trip to Chicago next weekend, Thanksgiving in Albuquerque, and Christmas in Gaylord, my checking account is going to need the padding. I'm working next Wednesday too.

To be honest, I don't mind working overtime because it means I don't have to talk to (as many) people. ;) Instead of getting bombarded with a billion incoming calls and having to think on my feet, I get to work tasks like paying estimates and rental bills, reading police reports to confirm/update information, calling policyholders for follow-up, and new claims. It's pretty chill, and I get to listen to music (through headphones) since I don't have to worry about my phone ringing. I wish every day could be like this.


I'm still working on finding a hotel for our trip. I thought I was all set with Club Quarters, and then I saw a couple other options near the same price range, and now I'm confused. I'm determined to find the absolute best deal while staying in the Loop. This can be tricky, but I know it can be done. I can't wait too much longer, though, or the rooms will get snatched up. I'm hoping to find that perfect balance where rooms are still available but the hotel is dropping prices to make sure they don't have empty rooms that weekend. I have a feeling that will happen tomorrow, which happens to be payday - perfect. ;)

3 comments:

  1. Have you thought of The Talbott hotel in Chicago? It's a little north of the loop, but not by much.

    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g35805-d87654-Reviews-The_Talbott_Hotel-Chicago_Illinois.html

    Not sure what your price range is though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $315 is out of our price range (hey, that matches my weigh-in!)

      We're trying to stay under $200/night. Club Quarters, Holiday Inn (near Merch Mart), and a couple others fit that, but I'm trying to see if I can snag a good deal and get a really good hotel for under $200 or get one of those for under their current rate ($175 - $200). I know that's a challenge in the Loop.

      When I say "Loop", I actually mean downtown. I'm including the Loop, the Theatre District, Mag Mile, and River North in my search.

      Delete
  2. hi there!
    You can try the Swiss Hotel/ Embassy Suites.
    I think it should fit your budget.(Both are almost in downtown, however The Swiss is 10 min walk to downtown)
    Congrats on the loss of a pound:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...