Wednesday, April 18, 2012

50% Is Better Than 0%

I did The Firm again tonight, but I totally hit a dead stop about halfway through. I don't know what happened. I was hydrated. I wasn't too hot. I didn't use any heavy weights. I just could not move. I tried to do some half-hearted squats with no weight, just to keep my heart rate up, but my heart was pounding and I felt like I was going to keel over. It wasn't the normal fatigue you feel when exercising, or even the lactic acid build-up; it was just... "I am finished."

Now I'm sitting in my recliner with some water, feeling my heart rate come down. I could go do the last half of the tape, but Brent is going to bed soon. I might go for a walk since it's nice and cool outside and I didn't get to move my legs much.

I tallied my calories for the day, and even if I don't count the exercise, I'm still under my goal by about 600 calories. So I guess it's still a win. 20 minutes of exercise is better than none, and I'm still on track as far as calories are concerned. I just feel like such a wuss for sitting down after 20 minutes. Good thing I ate like a bird today. :-P


My brain was sorting through a lot of thoughts while I was trying to pay attention to the instructors, so maybe that dead stop was a sign I need to get out and walk. I love listening to my iPod while I walk around our neighborhood at night. There are a lot of old, historic homes dating back to the mid-1800s. In fact, the house we're about to move into was built in 1856.

So, off I go to sort and walk and sort some more.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...