Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Omron Fat Loss Monitor

A few days ago, I wrote about purchasing a fat loss monitor that would calculate my BMI and body fat percentage.

I received it today. It's lightweight and very easy to use. I programmed in my height, weight, age, activity level, and gender. Then, I followed the instructions, and it calculated my BMI and fat percentage.

Well, almost.

It says it will calculate body fat up to 50%. It gave me the reading E4. When I looked up the error code, it said "reading outside measurable range". :-/

Okaaaay. I'm not going to let that get me down because I know I'm superfat, and now I simply have a new goal (get to a low enough weight to get the machine to cough up 50% or lower). I guess it just surprised me that I'm over 50% fat. Eek. Talk about a wake-up call. According to everything I've read, my body fat percentage should be less than 30%. Looks like I have a long way to go. I just wish it would have given me a number so I know how far I am above 50%.

My BMI was 54. This is no surprise, considering that's the number I get when I calculate it online. Since I have to enter my weight into the machine every time it changes, I'm not sure if it's simply calculating based on what I input or if it uses my fat percentage as some kind of variable?

Anyway, it's a neat little machine, and I recommend it to anyone who is trying to get to a lower body fat percentage and/or increase muscle.


3 comments:

  1. My son is on the other end of the problem. His body fat is so low we get the e4 error too. I don't know why they set such a narrow threshold?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm 6'1" and 140lbs. and I'm getting E4 as well...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's disappointing . I get the same error . I was excited to have some other measurement besides the scale but guess I can't use this devise

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...