Tuesday, April 3, 2012

About Us

While the focus of this blog will be about weight loss, I'd also like to make it a regular blog. I'll probably interject stories from daily life just so it isn't all about what I ate, what I weigh, and how much I feel like dying after doing crunches.

Your Cast:

Me (Sarah): 35-years old, born in January, grew up in northern Michigan and spent a summer in Chicago. Majored in English at NMU and WMU. Currently work in auto insurance. I'm the nice lady who helps you with your auto claim. I love traveling, trains, reading, roller coasters, swimming, camping, computer games, history, steampunk, the Red Wings, the Tigers, and urban decay/exploration.

Brent: 37 years old, born in July, grew up in Kentucky, Florida, and Texas then moved to Albuquerque, NM when he was 12. Relocated to Michigan in June 2011 to be with me (awww). Works as a computer programmer in the medical field. He loves computer games, video games, zombie/horror movies, "South Park", beaches, mountains, conspiracy theories (to laugh at), chocolate, the Cubs, the Bears, and reading.

Brent and I have been together since January 2010. We were friends for about a year before we started dating. We met on World of Warcraft (an online computer game). We found out we had a lot in common, traded MySpace/Facebook info, and became friends, just like that. I talked to him every night, and then we started emailing each other during the day. In late January, he told me he had feelings for me, and I booked a plane ticket to NM.

I flew to Albuquerque to meet him in February 2010. My struggles with the airplane seat are a story in and of itself. :( Anyway, as soon as I hugged him, I knew he was the one for me. I know that sounds crazy, like some Lifetime movie, but it's true. I felt like I was hugging someone I'd known my entire life. He felt familiar to me; that's the only way I can explain it. It was like we'd been hugging for years.

He came to see me in May 2010, and then I went back to Albuquerque in August 2010. Then, it was a long, horrendous five months until we saw each other in January 2011. At that point, we started talking about him moving here. (He wasn't employed at the time, so it made sense for him to come here.) He hemmed and hawed for a bit, since it wasn't an easy decision, so I came up with the compromise of visiting more often. I'd just gotten a promotion, so I could pay for more train tickets. He decided to come back for a visit in March 2011.

When he did come back in March, he decided to move here. Yay! Saying goodbye after that trip wasn't so hard, but the next couple of months took forever to pass by. He arrived in Michigan on June 1, 2011. Now that I look back on it, the time flew by, but it was crazy-long when we were in the thick of it. I'm glad we plan to stay together forever, because I refuse to do another long-distance relationship. ;)

He found a great job in his career field only three weeks after moving here, so it really was kismet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...