Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Weekend

Thankfully, I don't care for sweets; otherwise, Easter weekend would have been a nightmare.

We drove up north with two dozen Sweetwater donuts (they are a famous donut shop in Kalamazoo) and two loaves of Asiago cheese bread from Panera. That bread is like crack, especially toasted with a little butter, so that went into the trunk. I almost put the donuts in the trunk because Brent was whining all the way up north because I wouldn't let him have one. I wanted to save them for my parents, since I got all different kinds and wanted them to have first pick. So we stopped in Reed City for gas, and Brent got a donut from the gas station. :-P

Anyway, my parents had all kinds of good food: ham, Polish sausage, eggs, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, veggies, and no desserts (since I'd brought the donuts, Mom decided not to bake). I ended up eating a lot of meat and veggies. Dad gave me a portion of the ham before he put the honey glaze all over it, and I tried to limit the potatoes and eat lots of mixed veggies. I love veggies, but it was hard not to tear into that bowl of mashed potatoes. My sister-in-law makes *amazing* mashed potatoes.

They also had a ton of candy lying around, but I avoided it. I'm not much of a candy person anyway, but I am a grazer, so I'll often pick up food even if it's not something I really want or care for. I just made sure to stay away from the candy dishes, which was pretty easy since I was chasing my niece everywhere. She's almost three and super hyper. :)

Of course, when I got to work today, my boss put three boxes of Girl Scout cookies on my desk. I had forgotten about ordering them back in February. Oops. I have two boxes of Thin Mints and one box of Samoas. Brent LOVES Thin Mints, so I put those in my car right away so I wouldn't be tempted. He likes them frozen, so they'll go into the freezer and out of sight. I also have a box of Samoas. He doesn't like coconut, so I had a couple of them as a snack and then put the box in my desk. I figure I can have a couple every so often as a treat since I don't normally treat myself during the week.

The fat monitor I ordered was supposed to arrive from UPS today. I hope it's there when I get home. I'm going to start Firming this week (that's what I call "using Firm DVDs"), so we'll see how much quicker this weight comes off. I always had good luck with those DVDs in the past. Now that all of the walking has me in better condition, the DVDs won't be so hard. My knees gave me a lot of trouble in the past, but I noticed I can get up and down from the floor without too many issues now. I feel better about squat-presses and lunges than I did a few months ago.

I also have some new shoes on the way. They're New Balance with crazy arch support, so I'm sure those will help quite a bit too. Brent and I love going to Chicago, but my arches always die by mid-day. Hopefully, the new shoes plus some gel inserts do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...