Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fat Facts

I just bought this from Amazon. It's an electric fat loss monitor.

Back in the day, when I weighed around 300 pounds and went to Curves religiously, they used a similar machine to calculate my fat percentage. What we noticed, as I lost a little over forty pounds, is that I tend to weigh "heavy". My BMI was always a couple of points under the paper-and-pencil version where you use your height and weight as the only calculations. The lady at Curves said that sometimes happens if you have a larger build (me) and dense muscle (also me). I'm not sure how accurate her statement was, but it was nice to see my body fat percentage wasn't as awful as we'd predicted it would be, and the resulting BMI was high but not as high as I thought it would be.

Anyway, remembering that inspired me to order this product. Since the scale can go up, down, left, right, and whirlygig on any given day, I think this will be a more accurate measurement of my progress. I'm going to use it in addition to weighing myself. That way, if my weight doesn't budge but my fat percentage goes down, I'll be happy instead of mopey. Similarly, if my weight goes down but my fat percentage doesn't budge, I know it's probably water weight or the scale being freaky.

I'm excited to receive it, measure myself, and post the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...